What does the project consits of
Our SUSTAINABLE MAINTENANCE project operates in the road sector and its main strength consists in an integral service of maintenance of road safety infrastructures with a high-speed and long-range device, consisting on an automated reflector and guardrail cleaning system that adapts to any shape by means of a pneumatic-hydraulic shock absorption mechanism with rollers that absorb the optimal amount of fluid from tanks containing both water and cleaning product, designed for a higher speed and autonomy of km.
This service maximizes the road safety advantages since it is more sustainable than replacement –currently performed by most of competitors–, thus reducing the environmental impact and the economic costs with respect to competing solutions.
Our main clients are two: Public Administrations and Conservation & Maintenance Enterprises:
- To European Public Administrations, as managers, our systems means a boost in their policies dealing with matters as Road Safety, Infrastructure Conservation and Environment, while it develops and enables adjustment measures and costs reduction, as we implement a real conservation activity instead of replacing safety fences and reflectors.
- Meanwhile, as for Conservation Enterprises (direct and prospective customers) we propose them to offer a new business line in their files for public tenders, which allows them to become more competitive in public tender offers and whose implementation reinforces their brand image.
We offer to our customers the inclusion of this service in its offers to public tenders without need of making any investment. Garbionda establishes a contractual relationship in which we are in charge of implementing this service once the tender is awarded, thus getting a resulting increase in their incomes thanks to the implementation of this innovative service and to the contribution to a better positioning of the client in their offers.
The added value to potential customers is to provide a new business line, which allows them to become more competitive in public tender offers and whose implementation reinforces their brand image.
This also produces increased revenues by implementing this innovative service that encourages conservation policies – and not replacement – promoted by the European Infrastructure and Environment Policies, the Spanish PITVI and others Infrastructure and Transport Plans from other countries.
Besides, the Technical Status Report (PCT/ES 2010/000397 of 27/09/2010) issued by the Spanish Patent and Trademark Office (OEPM) assesses the patent’s international inventive activity, thus demonstrating the evident added value of our solution with respect to the rest of existing solutions.
Main direct advantages
In short, the main direct advantages of our solution for enterprises/Clients are:
- Savings > 90% of the budgets for replacing safety fences.
- Improved visibility, making a comprehensive conservation, leading to increased road safety on European roads (less accidents, less uncertainty for drivers, etc.) and considerable improvement of the image of the “Spain” and “Europe” brands.
- To help reducing the environmental impact of replacement through the maintenance, providing more and better Sustainable Development.
- Creation of new (quality) jobs and thereby contribution to job consolidation.
- Indirect economic savings to the Ministries of Health, thanks to decreased number of traffic accidents.
Adaptation to PITVI 2012-2024 of the Spanish Ministry of Public Works and to EU Member States national regulations.
Our implied environmental benefits (present in the 2014-2020 European Multiannual Financial Framework and the H2020 Environment and Transport Work Programs) are evident:
Manufacturing ONE kilometre of guardrail, generates nowadays approximately:
- Energy consumption: 247,000 MJ;
- Gas emissions into the atmosphere (CO2): 26 Tn;
- Slags: 5 Tn;
- Sewage: 2,000,000 litres.
Rough data in relation to Kms of guardrails currently existing in Europe: (approx. 1,472,700 Km.):
- Energy consumption: 363,756,900,000 MJ;
- Gas emissions into the atmosphere (CO2): 38,290,200 Tn;
- Slags: 7,363,500 Tn;
- Sewage: 2,945,400,000,000 litres.
The harmful effects of manufacturing new guardrails WILL BE ELIMINATED, since our system allows to maintain the existing guardrails instead of replacing them, according to the guideline set by the EEA European Environment State and Outlook 2015 report, establishing as imperative a drastic reduction of toxic emissions and waste generation up to year 2020.